Monday, January 4, 2010

Best Bak Kut Teh in Singapore?


I am a fan of Klang bak kut teh and trying to find one good bak kut teh restaurant in Singapore is not easy. For one, the taste is definitely different from Klang bak kut teh where it is served in a strong flavour of herbal mix. Instead, the Singapore version of bak kut teh is more peppery and it reminds you of the pig intestine's soup.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this bak kut teh restaurant while cruising along Balestier Road. Judging from the queue outside, the food has got to be good to justify for the long wait. I took this picture rather late after the crowd has dispersed. It was well after dinner time!



When it came to my turn to enter the restaurant, I cannot help but think that I have made the right choice upon seeing many endorsements from celebrities around the region. All these celebrity photographs are placed on the walls in the restaurant. Well, you can enjoy your meal while looking for your favourite celebrities!



When the food came, it was time to put my taste bud to work. I tried the bak kut teh and true enough the soup is fantastic, balancing the spiciness of the pepper with a good mix of herbs. I could not resist the temptation but to ask for 2 servings of the soup!!



I would definitely go back to this restaurant for my next craving of Singapore bak kut teh. If you are interested, the restaurant is named Founder Bak Kut Teh and the address is below. Look out for the uncle a.k.a founder who sits by the cashier....he is a celebrity himself!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment